M3: My Morning Musings - New PS4 FW, X-Files, & More
- “Suspend/Resume — Supported by nearly all of your PS4 games, you can jump in and out of your games with just the press of the PS button. Quickly switch from Rest Mode to powered-up so you can pick up where you left off.
- Back-Up and Restore HDD to USB — Back-up and restore your hard disc drive data associated with users on your PS4, including settings, saved data, screenshots and video clips as well as games, patches and download data, to and from an external USB drive.
- Find and Connect with Friends — “Yukimura” adds to an already robust set of social tools, bringing several updates to continue making PS4 the best place to play with your friends, including:
- Facebook Friend Finder — Using your linked account, you can expand your network by searching and connecting with your Facebook friends.
- Improved Friend requests — Friend requests and Real Name requests can be sent together in one step when adding a friend on PS4.
- Streamlined Party process — The process to create a Party has been streamlined with a reduction in the number of steps required.
- Find Friends who play your games — Easily view what friends are playing on each game detail page with a real-time “Friends Who Play This” section, which also highlights which friends are currently online and playing it, and if you own the game, allows you to jump directly into the game.
- Join Friends directly from news feed — A new tile will be added on your What’s New feed where you can see what your friends are currently playing, enabling you to join in the game if you own it.
- Share Earned Trophies and Optimize Your Trophy List — We know that Trophies are important to many gamers, so we’re bringing more control with how you show them off:
- Automatic Trophy Screenshots — A screenshot will automatically be captured when a Trophy is earned, preserving the moment to share with friends.
- SHARE Trophies — Players can share Trophy information to Facebook, Twitter or via Message by pressing the SHARE button.
- Additional Trophy sorting options — Sort your Trophy list by Earned Date, Not Earned and Grade.
- Delete 0% Trophies — Remove games from your Trophy list that have zero percent completion.
- Improved and Expanded Accessibility Options — New options added to customize the user experience include:
- Customized button assignments for DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.
- Zoom for displayed pictures and inverted colors for all system functions, apps and in-game.
- Text-to-speech for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party.
- Enlarged text for all graphical user interface, including Message and Party, as well as the system’s browser.
- Bolder fonts and higher contrast UI for all system applications (but will not apply to games or third-party applications).
- Remote Play and Share Play — For games that support 60 fps, users will be able to automatically enjoy those games with 60 fps for both Remote Play and Share Play** on supported devices.
- Automatic Installation for System Software Updates — Enable automatic installation for future system software updates.
- Sub-Account Upgrade — Enable users 18 years of age or older with sub-accounts to upgrade to a master account directly on PS4, removing restrictions on chat and enabling users to add funds to their Wallet, purchase content and more.
- Verified Accounts — Select game developers, producers, designers and community managers will be verified with a badge.
- Dailymotion — Upload video clips directly to Dailymotion via the SHARE button.”
Fox has officially inked a deal to begin shooting a new limited 6 Episode series of the X-Files this summer. The show will follow Mulder and Scully played by actor and actress David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. As a big fan of the show, I can’t wait to see what story they will tell over the six episode season. My only wish was that it was longer or would lead to another mini-season of shows.
With word that Rock Band would be coming back, it didn’t take long for Guitar Hero to also announce they will be coming back as well. Well, announce is probably not the right word. This is still a rumor at this point but the game is supposed to be revealed in Europe on April 1. Of course, April 1 is never a good date for anything to be revealed so we will just have to wait and see what becomes of this.
Below is a brief teaser of the next installment of DLC for The Evil Within. The Consequence will launch on April 21.
If you haven’t had a chance to check out The Crew on PS4 or Xbone, now is your chance. You can get a two hour trial on both platforms, weighing in at 14GB download. Once your two hours is up, you can pick up the full version and continue your progress. I for one am a big fan of trials like this and hope other titles will try something similiar to help get new players into your games.
Batman: Arkham Knight is an eagerly awaited title to conclude the Arkham series. Sadly, the game is getting yet another delay. This time it is only three weeks and will be available now on June 23 of this year. Not really sure what can be done in three weeks but at least the game won’t be coming out any later. I for one am tired of games picking release dates they can’t make. Maybe we need to finish games and then put the date out when they will release?
Finally, I leave you with a fun video a friend of mine sent me. This is Avengers as told through the Friends theme song. It is a lot of fun and makes me eager for the next Avengers film.
This is Kaleb Rutherford and these are My Morning Musings.