M3: My Morning Musings
- Nintendo is talking about the Wii U price and release except they won’t reveal them until sometime in 2012. Satoru Iwata is worried that the recent price drop on the 3DS may give people a negative reaction to any further Wii U announcements. Since Nintendo peed on the hardcore, and early 3DS adopters, this is probably a good idea. How about a new Zelda or Mario when you show off the Wii U next?
- Getting ready for QuakeCon by loading up my gaming notebook with a ton of games. This is mainly due to QuakeCon’s horrible Internet connection. Supposedly AT&T is going to fix it this year. I will believe it when I see it.
- My two and a half year old loves the trailers for the new Spy Mouse game coming from Firemint. I am predicting that I will have to play this game when it comes out or be forced to hear “D, the mouse game? PPPPPLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEE?????”
- We spoke about Borderlands 2 in yesterdays Musings. 2K Games has launched the website for the game! We are now waiting for a full reveal at PAX and Gamescom this month. Looks like my wish is coming true!
- PSA to people who avoid wasting time in pointless games! Beeline Interactive, the creators of Smurfs’ Village, are now partnering with Peanuts Worldwide to bring Charlie Brown and his pals to mobile devices. If you love the Peanuts, beware. This game will be addictive and will force you to pay real money to get anywhere in it. Also, lets pray that there won’t be a horrible movie made to tarnish the characters forever.
- For those of you who are as upset as I am on the EA Season Ticket, Capcom is upping the anger with a paid 3DS demo. For the love of all that is good, please don’t make this a trend. Fortunately it is in Japan only.
- Blizzard, who is still ignoring the complaints about Diablo 3 requiring an Internet connection, has filed a trademark for Mists of Pandaria. This may be the next expansion for World of WarCraft.
- FireFall, the upcoming Free to Play game from Red 5, is coming out this December in North America! This title was shown off at PAX 2010 and features some of the Tribes team! Look for a beta later this year!
By Kaleb Rutherford – 08/03/11
In 1997, Kaleb started CVGames and since then ttended and covered a variety of different events for the public including PAX, QuakeCon, E3, and many others. With over 20 E3 events covered, there isn't much that surprises Kaleb anymore in the industry as he has seen it all.
Kaleb is married to Emily and they have been together over 20 years. They have 4 boys who share a passion and love for technology and gaming as well.
Kaleb started Parents Press Play to begin podcasting and reaching a more casual segment of the world that tends to have coverage dominated by by "Hardcore," or "Core players. CVGames still exists to cover that section of users.
Combining CVGames and Parents Press Play together, Kaleb created CVGN: The Covering Video Games Network. While world domination is unlikely, our passionate team continues to strive to inform the different audiences with content we are passionate about.
- Everything on My Mind: Nintendo Direct E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Bethesda E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Microsoft E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Pre-E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Super Mario Maker 2
- Site Issues
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.22.17 Vampyr, TGS, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.17.17: Switch, Obsidian, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.13.17: New iPhones, NES Classic, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.11.17: Obsidian, Bethesda, & More