1.8 Million Vitas Served
1.8 million Vitas have been sold in North America, Japan, Asia, and Europe since the various launches of the system took place between December 2011 and March 31, 2012. CEO Kaz Hirai said that it was a good start but software will be key for the future growth of the platform.
Analyzing the numbers further, Sony sold 1.2 Million Units by the end of February and 600,000 units in the month of March.
Kaz Hirai plans for software to be a focus for the platform and Sony says they expect to sell 16 million PSP units between now and the end of the fiscal year. Kaz Hirai failed to be specific on how many of the original versus Vita units that total would make up.
By Michael Toller – 05/10/12
In 1997, Kaleb started CVGames and since then ttended and covered a variety of different events for the public including PAX, QuakeCon, E3, and many others. With over 20 E3 events covered, there isn't much that surprises Kaleb anymore in the industry as he has seen it all.
Kaleb is married to Emily and they have been together over 20 years. They have 4 boys who share a passion and love for technology and gaming as well.
Kaleb started Parents Press Play to begin podcasting and reaching a more casual segment of the world that tends to have coverage dominated by by "Hardcore," or "Core players. CVGames still exists to cover that section of users.
Combining CVGames and Parents Press Play together, Kaleb created CVGN: The Covering Video Games Network. While world domination is unlikely, our passionate team continues to strive to inform the different audiences with content we are passionate about.
- Everything on My Mind: Nintendo Direct E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Bethesda E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Microsoft E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Pre-E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Super Mario Maker 2
- Site Issues
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.22.17 Vampyr, TGS, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.17.17: Switch, Obsidian, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.13.17: New iPhones, NES Classic, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.11.17: Obsidian, Bethesda, & More