M3: My Morning Musings – Destiny’s Destiny is 2014, NPD’s Strikes Wii U & Vita, Hotline Miami Coming to PSN, & More
As we speculated last week, Bungie’s upcoming Destiny will not see a release in 2013. The title is set to be released in 2014 on Xbox 360, Xbox 720, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Bungie plans on revealing the world of Destiny as it is released in multiple installments over a 10 year period. Activision is rumored to still be counting the money they are going to make on the next big First Person Shooter. You can see more about Destiny with the reveal video below:
NPD sales figures for Nintendo and Sony aren’t very rosy. The Wii U Console sold somewhere between 40,000 and 59,000 units for the month of January 2013 in North America. This is the complete opposite direction that the original Wii console sold and is the largest drop-off for a home console in recent memory.
Sony, on the other hand, is looking at a disaster with the PlayStation Vita. Month after month, the handheld continues to underperform at retail. Sony is responding, in Japan, by issuing a price drop. Rumors suggest Sony may reveal a full worldwide price drop for the Vita at tomorrow’s PlayStation event, in New York, or later this year at E3 2013. The Vita sold between 30,000 and 37,000 units for January 2013 in North America.
What do both of these consoles have in common? They are both overpriced and need big games to spur demand.
Looking for something different on your 3DS? Big John Games and Gamers Digital is releasing Coaster Creator 3D, for $9.99, on the Nintendo eShop during the stores February 28, 2013 catalogue update.
Coaster Creator 3D will allow you to create your own Roller Coasters, share them with friends, and upload/download new creations online. You will even be able to download new Roller Coasters via QR Codes.
We plan to bring you a review of this game as soon as we get our hands on it!
Speaking of games we can’t wait to review, the New Bioshock Infinite Trailer, Lambs of Columbia, is live. You can view it below:
I have been hooked on Hotline Miami since I first saw it at QuakeCon 2012. Now the game is set to come to the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 platforms this Spring! Hotline Miami has already sold over 300,000 units on the PC!
“Our team have been fans of Hotline Miami from the very start and we are absolutely thrilled to have such a brilliant game launch on the PlayStation platform,” said Shahid Ahmad, Senior Business Development Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE). “The intense visuals and pulsing soundtrack are perfectly suited for PS3 and PS Vita and we can’t wait for PlayStation fans to see what Hotline Miami is all about.”
Looking to test drive some more of the F2P Firefall from Red 5 Studios? The game’s second Public Beta Weekend Test begins this Friday at Noon and will run until 11:59 PM on Sunday. These times are based on the Pacific Time Zone. You can view the new trailer below:
G5 Entertainment has a BIG sale going on and you can cash in by purchasing some of the best mobile games at insanely low prices. Games on sale include:
- Art Mogul (iOS) – $2.99 on iPhone, $4.99 on iPad
- Old Clockmaker’s Riddle (iOS) – $2.99 on iPhone, $4.99 on iPad
- Green Jelly (iOS) – ¢99 on iPhone & $1.99 on iPad
- Pilot Brothers (iOS, Google Play) – $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play & $4.99 on iPad
- Redrum: Dead Diary (iOS) – $2.99 on iPhone, $4.99 on iPad
- Build-a-lot 3: Passport to Europe (iOS, Google Play) – $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play & $4.99 on iPad
- Build-a-lot 4: Power Source (iOS, Google Play) – $2.99 on iPhone, , Google Play & $4.99 on iPad
- Epic Adventures: La Jangada (iOS, Mac, Google Play, Nook) – ¢99 on iPhone, Google Play, Nook & $1.99 on iPad, Mac
- Masters of Mystery: Crime of Fashion (iOS, iPhone, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook) – $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook and $4.99 on iPad
- Masters of Mystery: Blood of Betrayal (iOS, iPhone, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook) – $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook and $4.99 on iPad
- The Magician’s Handbook: Cursed Valley (Nook) – $1.99
- Spirit of Wandering – The Legend (Nook) – $1.99
- Youda Survivor (Nook) – $1.99
- Treasure Seekers 2: The Enchanted Canvases (iOS) – $2.99 on iPhone and $4.99 on iPad
- Virtual City 2: Paradise Resort (Nook) – $2.99
- Virtual City (iOS, Mac, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook) – $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook and $4.99 on iPad, Mac
- The Mystery of the Crystal Portal (iOS, Mac, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook) – $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play, Kindle Fire, Nook and $4.99 on iPad, Mac
- The Mystery of the Crystal Portal 2: Beyond the Horizon (iOS) – $2.99 on iPhone and $4.99 on iPad
- Romance of Rome (iOS) – $2.99 on iPhone and $4.99 on iPad
- Stand O’Food (iOS, Mac, Google Play) – $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play & $4.99 on iPad, Mac
- Stand O’Food 3 (iOS, Mac, Google Play) – $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play & $4.99 on iPad, Mac
- Supermarket Mania (iOS, Mac, Google Play, Nook) – $1.99 on Nook, $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play & $4.99 on iPad, Mac
- Supermarket Mania 2 (iOS, Mac, Google Play, Nook) – $1.99 on Nook, $2.99 on iPhone, Google Play & $4.99 on iPad, Mac
- Supermarket Management (Nook) – $1.99
- Mahjongg Artifacts (Nook) – ¢99
25 games are on sale and you can learn more about the sale at http://www.g5e.com/sale
Next week you can “use the force” to grab the first pack of Star Wars Pinball Tables! These includeStar Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, Boba Fett, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Star Wars Pinball will release as DLC for the following platforms and dates:
- Pinball FX2 on Xbox LIVE Arcade – February 27th for 800 MSP
- Zen Pinball 2 on PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita with Cross Buy entitlement! Purchase once and play on both systems – February 26th in North America for $9.99, February 27th in Europe for €9.99
- Zen Pinball 2 on the MacApp Store – February 27th for $2.99/table
- Zen Pinball on the AppleApp Store – February 27th for $1.99/table
- Zen Pinball HD Google Play – February 27th for $1.99/table
- Star Wars Pinball will release as a standalone application on the following platforms:
- Star Wars Pinball for the AppleApp Store
- Star Wars Pinball for Google Play
- Additional platforms will be announced at a later date.
May the Force be with you as you experience pinball Star Wars style!
By Kaleb Rutherford – 02/19/13
In 1997, Kaleb started CVGames and since then ttended and covered a variety of different events for the public including PAX, QuakeCon, E3, and many others. With over 20 E3 events covered, there isn't much that surprises Kaleb anymore in the industry as he has seen it all.
Kaleb is married to Emily and they have been together over 20 years. They have 4 boys who share a passion and love for technology and gaming as well.
Kaleb started Parents Press Play to begin podcasting and reaching a more casual segment of the world that tends to have coverage dominated by by "Hardcore," or "Core players. CVGames still exists to cover that section of users.
Combining CVGames and Parents Press Play together, Kaleb created CVGN: The Covering Video Games Network. While world domination is unlikely, our passionate team continues to strive to inform the different audiences with content we are passionate about.
- Everything on My Mind: Nintendo Direct E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Bethesda E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Microsoft E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Pre-E3 2019
- Everything on My Mind: Super Mario Maker 2
- Site Issues
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.22.17 Vampyr, TGS, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.17.17: Switch, Obsidian, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.13.17: New iPhones, NES Classic, & More
- N3: Nightly News Narration 9.11.17: Obsidian, Bethesda, & More